Apollo’s historic locations range from lovely buildings yet standing–such as the residence built by General Samuel M. Jackson shown above–to favorite places that now exist only in our memories, such as Griftlo Park. Click on the images below for more details.
The Women’s Christian Temperance Union of Apollo was organized in 1889 with Mrs. Mary J. Guthrie as president.
Griftlo Park featured a swimming pool, boating pond, carousal, 2 dance halls, & a bandstand, as well as a large picnic area with pavilions a ballfield.
The Chambers Hotel had many owners and name changes. It was built in 1889.