The First Reformed Church organized in 1892 and built their first building on the corner of S. Second Street and Warren Ave. in 1893. In 1931, this building was deemed unsafe so a new church was built and dedicated in 1932, but because of the Great Depression, only the basement was built. The first floor wasn’t added until 1960.
The church is now named the United Church of Christ.
Sadly, after 127 years, First United Church of Christ in Apollo will close its doors with a final service Aug. 25, 2019. The building is being donated to Apollo Borough and will be used as their new borough building.