While Apollo, Pennsylvania, was yet named Warren, it was surveyed and laid out in streets and alleys by William Watson in November 1816. There were fifty lots, 66×165 feet.
The first home was also the first public house in Warren. It was at the foot of Main Street (known as S. Second Street today). The first bridge was erected across the Kiskiminetas River shortly after the incorporation of the Warren Bridge Company on March 15, 1844. The first post office was established August 15, 1827 with Milton Dally as postmaster.
The village of Warren was incorporated into the borough of Apollo by the Act of the Assembly of March 15, 1848. The first borough election was held May 8, 1848. At that election, Dr. Robert McKissen was elected Burgess. By an Act of March 31, 1859, the northern end of the borough was extended. By an Act of March 8, 1869, the borough lines were extended to include the lands of Michael Cochran.
Featured Image: The photo at the top of this page shows the town of Apollo, Pennsylvania, circa 1881, with present-day First Street (then known as North Street) at center, linking the bridge to the Presbyterian Church at the top of the hill.