By 1830 there were enough Methodists in Apollo to desire a church building. The exact date when the old log church on Second Street. was built is unknown. There is a portion of an old bulletin which gives the date as 1838. This church was one story and of frame construction. It stood at the rear of the present building and was occupied as a residence for the Sue Rudolph and Schaeffer families. In this old church were about 10 pews with high backs; the rest were long boards underpinned with cross legs. The high backed pews were auctioned off to the highest bidder. In 1844, the Trustees sold the lot. In Nov. 1845, a lot was purchased from John & Nancy Speer. In 1851 a two story brick church was built. In 1899, the old building was torn down and in 1900 the current church was dedicated. Andrew Carnegie donated the pipe organ in 1902. This organ was replaced by a Tellers Organ in 1971. In 2009 the church moved to a new building in Spring Church & was renamed “New Beginnings United Methodist Church.” The former building was gifted to New Life Baptist Church.